Thursday, June 20, 2013

Being Invisible


Are you a parent?  I am.  I'm a mama.  I can only speak from a mama's perspective but I think it may apply to many positions.  I'm taken for granted on a daily basis.  Sometimes on an hourly basis.  Clean dishes, clean sheets, clean clothes.  Food is always available.  Soap is ready for your bath.  Your broken toys become fixed miraculously, your books get returned to library, you have everything you need for school.  Your boo-boos are bandaged, your thirst is quenched, your every whim is anticipated. 

Now, I do discipline and train and make aware.  But for this post, I'm zeroing in on the "invisible" mama.  In fact, you know what?  I can't say it better than Nicole Johnson. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YU0aNAHXP0

She is right on.  I sometimes need to watch this and be reminded of who I am and WHY I am.  Please read Esther 4:14.  That last sentence is golden!  Go be who you are!

No comments:

The Fabulous Five

The Fabulous Five
We strive to make memories that will always lead us into the Light