Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Desk Full of Fun

My kids have toys, toys, and more toys. Some of their toys stand up and dance for them; some sing; some spin around; some light up, whistle, and go rolling down the hall. They have antique toys and also the latest things. They have toys that are beautiful and some that scare me a little bit. Some of their toys are bigger than they are and some of them, to tell the truth, are toys that Mommy and Daddy like to play too!
Today, my kids complained of being bored. Bored? Bored!! I gave them each an unsharpened pencil and they've been happy now for hours. Doing what? Why, casting spells all over the house, of course! These are no ordinary pencils, you see...they are actually magic wands! My children came up with this, not me. Their ideas are always better than mine because, well, they're theirs! Unsharpened pencils....magic wands...same thing!
Who needs toys that talk to you when you've got a desk drawer full of magic?! And, it doesn't just end with a simple wand. There's a storyline to the madness.
I heard Phoenix and Maggie using their "wands" to solve a mystery. Maggie said, "C'mon, Fred! We've gotta solve this mystery!" And Phoenix answered, "Okay, Dapny, I'm on my way!" I think Luke is supposed to be Shaggy. It fits. He's pretty messy and is always wanting to eat. Phoenix said to me, "Boma (Velma?), you 'pose to say 'jinkies'!" I think I'm Velma! I better get my pencil, er, wand!

What's in your desk drawer?

5 comments:

Miracle said...

Hey! Glad to know you're on here. Now I can keep up with you with the click of a mouse. Sorry I haven't written back yet. I'm horrible about that.
Miracle

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

This is a message for the webmaster/admin here at markpruittfamily.blogspot.com.

May I use part of the information from your blog post above if I give a link back to this website?

Thanks,
James

Unknown said...

James (James...? Do we know each other?),

I'm happy to share. May I ask what this is in regards to? Please, use whatever you'd like to use. The more readers to my blog the better since it encourages me to write more. I need the discipline!! :)

Thank you for the interest.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely happy to find this. Good job!

The Fabulous Five

The Fabulous Five
We strive to make memories that will always lead us into the Light