Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Me and Murphy

Just a short blog with wisdom I've learned. THREE REASONS TO DRESS AND PRIMP IN THE MORNING First, you are assured no oFne will come to your home unexpectedly; which is not the case should you remain pajama-clad and unkempt. Murphy's Law (and my experience) shows that you will have at least one person show up on your doorstep leaving you to race around, stuffing your hair in a clip, throwing on jeans and a shirt, don't forget your bra, and choking down a finger-dipped glob of toothpaste. You'll resent the visitor but make no mistake; this is your due punishment. Secondly, if you just take the time to look presentable, you can be certain you won't have to run any surprise errands. Murphy's Law (and my embarrassing experience) dictates that if you just throw on whatever's nearest, those two-sizes-too-small sweatpants and that stained shirt, you will undoubtably be called up to your child's school to confer with the teacher. You'll have to go in to your husband's office to sign some urgent papers. You will have to make a mad dash to the drugstore for Children's Tylenol (and you WILL run into Mrs. Super-Model-PTA-Betty-Crocker while you're there). And lastly, refusing the simple act of running a comb through your hair and taking a few minutes to put on deodorant will force Murphy's Law to teach you a final lesson. It's been my regrettable experience that your scruffy appearance will earn you the place on your child's favorite topics. "My mama always gives stinky kisses." "My mama jiggles inside her clothes when she walks." "My mama has the same hair as cartoon people." "My mama has black crumbs under eyes." "My mama doesn't have to bathe every day like I do." You get the idea. Take it from me. It's worth that smidgen of energy you usually save for putting the cereal on the table to instead brush, button, smooth, and spray. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

The Fabulous Five

The Fabulous Five
We strive to make memories that will always lead us into the Light