Saturday, May 5, 2012

Bible-Thumping Rant

For some reason, I am so annoyed this morning. I'm annoyed that the last and present generations have smeared oil all over the Holy Bible in the name of annointment but with the motivation of slipping around in it to suit their purposes. I strive to not be self-righteous. I never want to be judgemental. And the caution in this has actually stopped my tongue on several occasions. Sometimes, however, the truth needs to be shared. This truth comes from God's Word, not Kim's opinion. You ready? We've smudged that oil around on the pages of the Bible until those black and white words created gray areas. WE made those gray areas. Not God. Let's clean it up. "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9,10) Now that's pretty black and white. And before you get all set to slash my tires, remember that I'm not the one who said it! It's not okay with God to get drunk, have an affair, live a homosexual lifestyle, steal, cheat, idolize anything or anyone that's not God, or talk ugly about someone. If you're doing any if these things (and believe me, this is for me too!), there's good news. If we're willing to give it up, there's a chance. In the very next verse it explains that those are baptized into Christ are covered. We're good. We're safe. (Whew!) We do have to give up the sinful lifestyle though. That's the tough part. And the tougher part is knowing and loving someone who's living in sin and thinks it's all okay because they've been baptized. It's not. Again, this is NOT The Gospel According to Kim!! You have no idea what my opinion is on any sin. You have no idea what sins I struggle with. I will only share God's opinion...it's the only one that matters. And, no, this Bible-thumping rant is not directed at anyone personally. It's directed at me. I need to remind myself that, although it's easier and preferable to live you're-okay-I'm-okay type lives, it is clear and simple that sin is sin. Love is also love and any of you who truly know me know I love fiercely. I love YOU fiercely!

1 comment:

Hans and Dianne said...

All you blogs and the private conversations we have had has made things better. It has helped me the last month so much. Yesterday I was offered a full-time job when our ED opens back up. The goal is in 2 weeks. As for your post plan to have Hans read it. It is very full of pulpit lessons.

The Fabulous Five

The Fabulous Five
We strive to make memories that will always lead us into the Light