Friday, May 10, 2013

That Ugly Sweater

Have you ever received a gift that you didn't like?  Did you go to the person who gave it to you and say, "I hate this.  Gross."???  Probably not.  There are some of you who will return it and exchange it for something you DO like.  But let's pretend this is a handmade gift that was made especially for you.  You cannot return it.  Do you go to the person who made it and go on and on about how much you hate it?  Maybe you complain to someone else about it, "This is the ugliest sweater I've ever seen, but I have to wear it."  But wouldn't you just DIE if that got back to the one who made it and gave it to you?

How many times have I commented negatively on some part of my body?  That God made.  Especially for me. 

I have crooked teeth.  Stringy hair.  Weird toes.  Knobby knees.  Round face.  I could go on.  And I have.  On many occasions.

And God can hear me.

Just think twice about putting yourself down from now on.  The one who created you can hear you.

No comments:

The Fabulous Five

The Fabulous Five
We strive to make memories that will always lead us into the Light